Phone: 760-247-8001 ext. 20561, 20562, or 20563
The Central Enrollment Office is located in room D37, at the District Offices (Navajo Rd).
Enrollment for the 2020/2021 School Year:
All new students must start the enrollment process online at our AVUSD online enrollment site.
Due to the Governor's current mandate, we are enrolling students by appointment only for your safety and the safety of our staff. We will begin taking appointments on Wednesday, July 15th, 2020. Please call (760)247-8001 ext. 20563 to schedule an enrollment appointment.
Apple Valley Unified School District accepts enrollment requests online at our AVUSD online enrollment site. Completing the online enrollment forms before bringing your documents to the enrollment center will speed up the enrollment process.
YOU MUST COME TO THE DISTRICT OFFICE AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE DOCUMENTS TO FINISH ENROLLING YOUR CHILD.
Apple Valley Unified School District Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten enrollment is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. The Central Enrollment Office is located at 12555 Navajo Rd. and is open daily from 7:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Visit our Kindergarten Page for details.
Intradistrict Transfer Requests
The Apple Valley Unified School District will accept new intradistrict transfer requests for the 2020-2021 school year from January 6 , 2020 through January 31, 2020. The intradistrict Transfer forms are available at the Central Enrollment Office at 12555 Navajo Rd. from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. AVUSD may deny an intradistrict transfer request if a school and/or program has impacted enrollment.
Due to impacted enrollment, the following schools are CLOSED for intradistrict transfer requests: Apple Valley High School, Mariana Academy, Rio Vista School, and Sitting Bull Academy.
Interdistrict Transfer Requests
The Apple Valley Unified School District will accept new interdistrict transfer requests for the 2020-2021 school year from January 6, 2020 through May 29, 2020.
- The interdistrict transfer form must be obtained and signed from the resident district.
- The interdistrict transfer form is brought to the Central Enrollment Office at 12555 Navajo Rd. from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- AVUSD will review the transfer request and notify the parent of acceptance or denial no later than 14 calendar days after the commencement of instruction for the 2020-2021 school year.
- AVUSD may deny an interdistrict transfer request if a school and/or program has impacted enrollment.
- Interdistrict transfers may be rescinded if the student’s discipline or attendance is a concern.
- If the interdistrict transfer is denied, the parent may appeal to the County Board of Education within 30 calendar days from the date of the denial.
Due to impacted enrollment, the following schools are CLOSED for interdistrict transfer requests: Apple Valley High School, Mariana Academy, Rio Vista School, and Sitting Bull Academy.
You must have the following documents to enroll your student:
Child's Birth Certificate (must be an original copy)
Up to date Immunization Record
Proof of Residency (current utility bills [water, trash, electric, or gas] dated within 30 days and/or any county, state, or government agency documents dated within 30 days)
Parent Photo ID
Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child. (Grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles may not register a child unless they are the legal guardian.)
Child must be five years of age by September 1, 2020 to be enrolled in Kindergarten.
Child must turn five years of age on or between September 2-December 2, 2020 to be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.