Phone: 760-247-8001 ext. 1404

The Central Enrollment Office is located in room D37, at the District Offices (Navajo Rd).

Apple Valley Unified School District accepts enrollment requests online at our AVUSD online enrollment site.. Completing the online enrollment forms before brining your documents to the enrollment center will speed up the enrollment process.

Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten

Apple Valley Unified School District Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten enrollment will begin on Jan. 8 for the 2018-2019 school year. The Central Enrollment Office is located at 12555 Navajo Rd. and is open daily from 7:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Visit our Kindergarten Page for details.

Intradistrict Transfer Requests

The Apple Valley Unified School District will accept new Intradistrict Transfer Requests for the 2018-2019 school year from Jan. 16 through Feb. 28 only. Requests can be made for grades Transitional Kindergarten through 12 for schools identified as having available space. Requests must be received by the Central Enrollment Office at 12555 Navajo Rd. by 3:00 p.m. on Feb. 28. The transfer request form is available for pick up at the Central Enrollment Office from 7:30 am - 3:30 pm on weekdays. Students transitioning schools for seventh or ninth grade MUST complete a NEW form. Notification of conditional approval will not take place until June 2018

Due to impacted enrollment, the following schools are CLOSED for intradistrict requests: Rio Vista School (TK/K-6), Sycamore Rocks Elementary (TK/K-6), Sandia Academy (TK/K-8) and Sitting Bull Academy (TK/K-8).


You must have the following documents to enroll your student:

Child's Birth Certificate

Up to date Immunization Record

Proof of Residency (mail postmarked within 30 days that is addressed to parent/guardian from a County, State or Government agency)

Parent Photo ID

Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child. (Grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles may not register a child unless they are the legal guardian.)

Child must be five years of age by September 1, 2018 to be enrolled in Kindergarten.

Child must turn five years of age on or between September 2-December 2, 2018 to be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.


AVUSD State Preschool Enrollment - Call 760-247-2052

HDPA (Independent Study) Enrollment - Call 760-240-4252