Grade Change Options

Pursuant to Assembly Bill 104 and Local Board Policy, The parent, guardian, or education rights holder of a pupil or, for a pupil 18 years of age or older, the pupil who was enrolled in high school and enrolled in a course during the 2020–21 school year may apply to the pupil’s local educational agency to have a letter grade earned for that course, as reflected on the pupil’s transcript, changed to a Pass or No Pass grade.

Click below for a list of postsecondary educational institutions operating in California that have indicated that they will comply with the encouraged policy to accept a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade.

Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. Please speak with your student's counselor.